Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Blog Journal 7

I am having a great experience with Twitter so far and I have not experienced any issues yet. I mainly interact with other students in the class as well as professional educator accounts. I have been reading articles these professional educators post, and retweeted them for my peers to see. Twitter has actually been a huge help for this class and has many benefits. The first benefit being that it makes it easy to communicate with other students in the class. We have been able to help each other with any confusion on assignments, as well as bond over interesting, educational posts. The Technology Sandbox class field trip sparked some great Twitter discussions within our class!

I have acquired many new skills from the Web Design Assignment. First of all, I learned how to create a website in order to inform the students and parents about my class. I learned how to create pages for different topics and purposes, as well as insert hyperlinks and calendars. I definitely liked this assignment and felt that this will help me in my future career as a teacher because I will already have the skills to create a website for my class.
Here is the link and a screenshot of the top of my home page: http://eg16c.weebly.com

Diigo is an extremely helpful tool and is effective to use as a student and a teacher. The new skills I have learned from it include how to easily highlight and annotate an article online. I have learned how to interact with other students on a specific article in a group on Diigo, as well as create tags for each article researched. In the classroom, this will be helpful for students to use to effectively read articles. Students will better comprehend the readings by highlighting and making notes about specific parts. It is a great tool for working with team members because you can create a group and share articles within it so everyone is granted access to read and annotate it together. In my professional, individual efforts this will help me by being a tool that will keep track of everything I may have to read or understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment