Saturday, October 14, 2017
Blog Journal 6
Most schools require teachers to maintain a website with class information for parents and students. I looked up my 9th grade English teacher at Trumbull High School in my hometown Trumbull, CT to see what kinds of information she put on her page. I found a section about her explaining her schooling, why she loves being a teacher, and fun facts about her family and what she enjoys doing in her free time. I also found a section about her classroom goals and what she hopes to accomplish this year. Additionally, I found a section about when/where her extra help hours can be found. She has a page for each of the classes she teaches showing the syllabus and specific assignments. She also has a link to her classroom library, showing all the books she has in her classroom for students to take out. She also has a page that includes a list of the best books to read to encourage reading in her classroom.
Here is a link to the site and a screenshot of it: https://sites.google.com/a/trumbullps.net/englishkravecs/home
I definitely see myself using many different kinds of technology in the classroom to teach more effectively and efficiently. First off, I see myself using presentation softwares to convey information from a lesson to my students. Presentations like PowerPoint are an effective way of displaying material to the class. I also see myself using classroom management softwares in order to keep track of my students grades, behavior, and other reports. In addition, I know I will use word processing softwares. This is how all worksheets, tests, assignments, handouts, etc can be made and distributed to the class.
I loved visiting the Technology Sandbox last week. One piece of technology I experienced that could definitely be used in the classroom is a SmartBoard. This was an interactive display screen that could be used in multiple ways. There are tools on it to be able to draw and write on it, so teachers could show the class something or students could come up to the board and practice a problem. It can access the internet so articles or a website could be pulled up in front of the class. PowerPoints could be presented on it, it has tools to be able to draw shapes, play games, along with endless other uses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment