LinkedIn is a useful site for teacher professional development. Teachers can use to this to communicate with other teachers and share tips, advice, lessons, etc, as well as keep bookmarks to sites that may be useful in the classroom on this. Engrade is also helpful for teachers to use to keep track of their student's assignments and grades. A site that is not the most useful inside a classroom is Facebook. I believe there are other sites that can be more useful for students to use to communicate between themselves and their students. For example, Edmodo and FirstClass.
An interesting web 2.0 tool I might use when teaching is Edmodo. The link to this is www.edmodo.com. I could use this as a communication tool between myself and my class. I could post homework, announcements, assignments, etc. I would review this positively because it contains all the resources I need to keep communication between my students and I.
The technology advancement that holds the biggest promise in education are multi-touch display boards. This is because teachers can use these to bring students into lessons for a better understanding. It is easy to pull up word documents, the internet, articles, and so much more onto the screen. They also have a drawing feature where the teacher can use this to show students how to solve a problem, or call students up to solve a problem on the board. This technology would be utilized by having a multi-touch display board in every classroom. Teachers would incorporate this into their lessons maybe by pulling up last night's homework onto the board and showing the class how to solve the problems, pulling up an article and have students annotate it on the board for a full understanding, as well as so much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment