The ELA Standards I feel I am most prepared for include using multiple sources and using digital media. I feel that my work I've done for school has taught me about evaluating sources, how to paraphrase them, and how to include them in a project/lesson. I also feel that I could be skilled at finding media, like pictures, videos, diagrams, etc to put in a presentation and help get the point of a lesson or topic across. The ELA Standard I feel that requires more learning on my part include making multi-media informational text and literature. I do not have much experience including these skills in a presentation so it will take a little more work to get familiar with it.
I think using the internet to play interactive learning games, like Kahoot, and watch interactive learning videos are the top technology sites I would use in my classroom. I want to teach elementary school so these would apply to younger students, around ages 6-10. The digital citizenship concepts I will need to address include the need for them to demonstrate the technology skills needed to use the internet. At a young age they will need to know how navigate the web and connect to Kahoot and the videos. They will also need to participate effectively in the educational games/videos with the proper technology and communication skills.
The Newsletter Design assignment is an effective way to teach students a way to communicate with their class and class' parents/guardians. I learned how to create a top boarder and insert a line to be cut off as some sort of form. This skill can be used to send home important messages or describe what we have been working on in class to my students or their parents as a future teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment